5 Reasons Why Your Teeth Hurt
Do your teeth hurt when you drink or eat something hot or cold? Most people think this is normal, but that’s not always the case. When your teeth hurt, they’re trying to tell you something: See your dentist.
More often than not, tooth sensitivity is a sign of a dental problem like tooth decay or gum disease.
But there are other reasons why your teeth may be hurting:
01. You might have a cracked or broken tooth
02. One of your fillings could be broken or rotten
03. You might be grinding your teeth while you sleep
04. You could be brushing your teeth too hard
05. There might be dental plaque buildup on your tooth roots
Don’t make the mistake of ignoring sensitive teeth or trying to self-treat. If your sensitivity lasts longer than a couple of days or keeps recurring over a couple of weeks, make an appointment to see your dentist. The longer you wait, the worse it can get and the more expensive treatment will be. A quick exam can reveal exactly what’s going on and get you back to living pain-free.